CLEARFIELD: A Houtzdale man will spend decades behind bars after the judge imposed a lengthy state prison sentence for the sexual abuse of two young girls, crimes that spanned years and multiple locations.
Randy Lee Pinto, 36, was sentenced Monday to 22½ to 50 years in state prison after being convicted of numerous felony sex offenses involving children. The abuse occurred at residences in both Olanta and Houtzdale and began in May 2013, according to court records.
Following a brief hearing that included testimony from a qualified expert, Senior Judge John F. Cherry (Dauphin County) ruled that Pinto meets the legal criteria to be classified as a sexually violent predator, a designation that carries lifelong reporting and supervision requirements.
After that determination, the court imposed consecutive sentences on 30 felony counts, including rape of a child, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, and sexual assault. Pinto was also ordered to serve a period of consecutive re-entry probation following his prison term.
Under the sentence, Pinto must register as a sex offender under Megan’s Law, complete mandatory sex offender treatment, and is permanently prohibited from contacting the victims. He is also barred from any unsupervised contact with females under the age of 18.
Prosecutors noted that the original criminal complaint contained thousands of alleged offenses, reflecting the prolonged and repeated nature of the abuse.
Victim Impact Statements
One of the victims addressed the court before sentencing, delivering an emotional statement that underscored the lasting damage caused by the abuse. She described herself as a survivor and firmly rejected any suggestion that the abuse did not occur.
She told the court that the assaults began when she was just five years old and said she had been conditioned to remain silent. She described her childhood as stolen, her confidence shattered, and her sense of safety destroyed.
“This will be the last time you see me,” she concluded, emphasizing her determination to move forward.
Investigation Details
According to the affidavit of probable cause, both victims independently disclosed that the abuse began when they were very young. During forensic interviews conducted at the Clearfield County Child Advocacy Center, the girls provided detailed and consistent accounts of repeated sexual assaults.
A male juvenile witness corroborated their statements, telling investigators he had observed Pinto molesting the girls. He also reported that Pinto physically assaulted him during one incident.
Investigators said the victims disclosed that Pinto would give them money or toys and instructed them not to tell anyone what had happened.
Charges Against Pinto’s Wife
Pinto’s wife, Katie Ann Pinto, 39, is also charged in the case. She faces two counts of endangering the welfare of children for allegedly failing to report the abuse despite being aware of it for years.
Court documents state she told investigators she was afraid of her husband and that fear prevented her from contacting authorities. She has entered into a plea agreement and is scheduled to be sentenced in March.







